Custom Process Control, Material Handling, and Data Management.
Our expertise far exceeds industrial scales and weighing applications. Our engineering group specializes in developing and implementing solutions for process control, material handling and data management applications. We work with customers from conceptualization and design to installation and implementation – and beyond. We deliver customized solutions around the world that ensure efficient and cost-effective ways of doing business. KSS is your technology solutions provider for industrial automation and data collection needs .
- Custom control systems engineering
- Material handling integration
- Various mechanical equipment, such as bins, chutes, and control valves
- Custom panel fabrication
- PLC control systems and upgrade services
- HMI Systems
Whether your operation is simple or complex, large or small, our engineers can design and build an efficient solution for your unique application. Our engineering team will meet with you to determine your needs and outline the goals you’re working toward with the system requirements. We work with you to determine a budget and the components you will need to meet your goals and stay within that budget. We offer total flexibility by working with plant operations for standalone control systems or customized, totally integrated turnkey solutions.
PLC CONTROL SYSTEMS
Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) control systems are the heart of almost every industry for process control and automation. KSS is a leading-edge integrator, providing programming, engineering, and installation of PLC systems for operations of all sizes. We offer systems from simple standalone PLCs to larger networked systems utilizing industry standard networks. We also offer PLC upgrade services to improve runtime capabilities and help reduce the possibility of unplanned downtime.
CUSTOM PANEL FABRICATION
Our panel fabrication department ensures that the closest attention to detail is maintained and that every panel is tailored to fit the precise application of the PLC or control for which it was intended. We manufacture control panels for various environments, from general purpose to hazardous area classified. Our fabricators take pride in providing customers with high-quality units that are precisely wired, assembled, and labeled.
KSS designs easy-to-use Human Machine Interface (HMI) systems customized to fit your application. A properly designed PLC/HMI system allows your plant personnel to view critical process information and adjust system parameters, ensuring optimum performance of your operation.
At its simplest, an HMI may be a control panel with indicator lights, selector switches, and push buttons. More sophisticated HMIs use networked equipment to display process information and provide control capabilities where needed, along with diagnostic and maintenance interfaces.
MATERIAL HANDLING SYSTEMS
Process control and automation are critical when integrating material handling processes into your plant-wide control network. Our engineering group has the experience to select the proper equipment and design the control system to optimize your operating efficiency for material handling applications such as:
• Conveying • Bagging • Blending • Palletizing & Indexing • Batching • Level Monitoring & Control •Drum Filling
SPECIALTY PRODUCTS AND SOLUTIONS
Our products, services, and people deliver enhanced performance and continuous technological innovation with unmatched experience. In addition to PLC control and HMI systems, KSS also provides: database design & development, networking design, web services & reporting.
- WeighMaster® Truck scale data collection system.
- WeighMasterWEB® Web-based software application for secure database administration for use with WeighMaster for truck scales.
- WeighMasterAG® Scale data collection system designed for fast and easy weighing and reporting of bulk agricultural yields.
- BatchMaster® Automated data collection and control of truck and railcar loadouts utilizing batch-weighing technology.
- Automatic Equipment Identification (AEI) RF-based tag solutions for asset and fleet management/tracking.
- Online Analysis Solutions Analyzer products with software to allow display, control, and reporting of mineral and moisture measurements for bulk materials management.
- Pioneer® data terminals, software, and weighing equipment offering the reliability, durability, and accuracy material handling companies demand for their operations.
We provide 24/7 customer service for all our systems because we realize that minimizing downtime is critical. Our highly trained support team provides both remote and on-site repairs and maintenance to ensure your operations experience minimal downtime when issues arise. We support our customers via whatever methods are required to resolve issues as quickly as possible.