Kanawha Scales & Systems has been closely monitoring developments about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and other governmental agencies for several weeks, with the safety and well-being of our customers and our employees as our top priority.
This continues to be a dynamic and evolving situation that we are closely monitoring. As a precaution for the health and safety of your team and ours, we have initiated the following measures as part of our business continuity plan:
- Kanawha Scales & Systems is staying open and continuing service to our customers to the best of our abilities.
- We are following all CDC/WHO/OSHA guidelines.
- Canceling all international travel.
- Canceling all non-essential domestic travel, apart from service.
- Canceling all sales visits.
- Company wide re-training for flu and hand washing.
- Enhanced training for cleaning offices and service vehicles.
- Instructing employees who demonstrate signs of the flu (respiratory issues, fever, shortness of breath, and coughing at the same time) to self report and to call their health care provider for treatment and not report to work.
- Monitoring customers for COVID-19 cases and not allowing KSS employees to go on site where COVID-19 cases have been confirmed.
During this time, we ask that:
- If you have confirmed case(s) of COVID-19 at your facility, contact the service manager at the KSS branch that services your facility and report the case.
- You adhere to the CDC/WHO/OSHA guidelines for preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- You please update Kanawha Scales & Systems to any changes in requirements, procedures, or availability that may arise during this pandemic.
For our visit to you, please contact us if any of the following changes:
- Is your company remaining open at this time?
- Will our service technicians be allowed on site?
- What additional guidelines must be met to allow service technicians on site?
- Do you expect to require weighing equipment or calibration service during these upcoming months?
We are dedicated to Leading the Weigh in our industry and continuing to service your scales, however we must proceed with caution during this time.
For immediate needs, teleconferencing is available at all Kanawha Scales & Systems locations. All KSS locations will continue to serve customers via e-mail, telephone and more during these challenging times. You may call any of our locations or get in touch with your KSS contact directly if you have questions or concerns.